Discover Polo™ Lesson
....Never played polo (or ridden a horse!) before? Not a problem - our Discover Polo™ Lesson is just right for you!
- During the 2 hour introductory Discover Polo™ Lesson, we will lead you, in a group lesson with other new polo players, through a graduated programme of learning the rules and tactics, the polo swing and polo riding on a polo pony that is geared to your level of riding experience - from the non-rider to the experienced rider.
- You will then after some 'stick and ball' practice at hitting the ball from the pony and have some fun!
- Optionally, after the lesson you can take part in an Instructional Chukka for an additional charge. You can further develop your new found skills with other players who are also just getting started in the sport.
- Bring your family and friends! After you all enjoy some polo, have a picnic in the grounds and watch the club matches, or have lunch at one of the beautiful quaint local pubs that abound in the Surrey and Berkshire countryside.
Cost: 2 hour Discover Polo™ Lesson - £95 Instructional Chukkas - £35 each
- Theory: Learn the rules, discuss team tactics and positional plays using a board and miniature men and horses before getting started with the horses
- Crates: Standing on a crates, practice the polo swing without worrying about the horse. Practice the four basic polo strokes under the careful watch of our qualified instructors.
- Polo Riding: Mounted on very quiet, safe horses geared to your riding experience, to practice initially the riding then the hitting of the ball under instruction. Learn to move, stop and turn your polo pony.
- Chukkas: Everyone has the opportunity to play a 'mini game' with an instructor on each team. The team scoring most goals wins. Your opportunity to experience the tactics and team play involved in playing the game
Polo hats and mallets are provided for all Training Centre activities. Please bring gloves, (driving or golf type), stout footwear (preferably leather with a heel), and wear seasonal outdoor clothing including a waterproof jacket for all training centre activities.
All participants in any type of Chukka should bring with them, a blue shirt and a white shirt so you can wear a colour appropriate for the team to which you are allocated.